The Centre’s national flagship programme Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) will be launched in Jammu and Kashmir on December 1, Chief Secretary B V R Subrahmanyam said. Subrahmanyam directed all deputy commissioners to take up awareness campaigns in their respective districts. He said arrangements should be made for distribution of golden cards and Prime Minister’s personal letter along with other relevant material on the scheme to every individual family. Subrahmanyam asked for a comprehensive mechanism for timely delivery of these documents to the beneficiaries through the designated and registered common service centres, health centres, ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers or other available media and completing the whole exercise of enrolment before launch of the scheme
Benefits of PM-JAY
Beneficiary Level are as follows:
- Government provides health insurance cover of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per family per year.
- More than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) covered across the country.
- All families listed in the SECC database as per defined criteria will be covered. No cap on family size and age of members.
- Priority to girl child, women and and senior citizens.
- Free treatment available at all public and empaneled private hospitals in times of need.
- Covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and day care treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics.
- All pre-existing diseases covered. Hospitals cannot deny treatment.Cashless and paperless access to quality health care services..
- Hospitals will not be allowed to charge any additional money from beneficiaries for the treatment.
- Eligible beneificiares can avail services across India, offering benefit of national portability. Can reach out for information, assistance, complaints and grievances to a 24X7 helpline number - 14555